March 14, 2019
Time: 9 AM to 12:30 PM
Location: First Baptist Church
600 Governor’s Drive SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
Purpose: Connect with others and learn how you can end hunger in North Alabama.
Details: Event is free and includes light breakfast and lunch.
Pre-registration is required. Register here.
Keynote address given by Clancy Harrison, registered dietitian and food justice advocate. View her TEdx Talk here. Breakout topics include food pantries, child hunger programs, hunger and health, senior hunger, local food systems, public relations, and fundraising. Social Work CEUs are available and Dietetic CEUs have been applied for; email Mary Lynn Botts at email@example.com or call her at 256-947-2351 with questions.
Please spread the word and pre-register!
Workshop topics include:
- Solutions to Child Hunger- backpacks, summer meals and school pantries
- Senior Hunger and Health- impact of food or lack of on senior health
- Elevate your Elevator Story- how to use public relations and social media to tell your story
- Food Pantries – best practices and new ideas
- Hint Hint Nudge Nudge- learn how to help your pantry nudge clients to more healthy choices
- Advocacy-understanding the legislative process and how to advocate for the hungry
- Farm Food Collaborative-learn how helping local farmers helps us all
- Better Together- How collaborating can ignite a culture of food dignity. This is a round table discussion where we will share ideas and learn from one another.
Thanks to our sponsors:
Thanks to our generous Hunger Summit sponsor:
Thanks to our keynote sponsor:
Please direct questions about the Hunger Summit to Mary Lynn Botts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-947-2351.