- Notice: Information practices must be disclosed before collecting personal information.
- Choice: Users must be given options on whether and how the information that is collected can be used.
- Access: Users should be able to view and contest the accuracy and completeness of their information.
- Security: Reasonable steps must be taken to ensure that information is accurate and secure from unauthorized use.
- Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998: This Act concerns web sites that target children under the age of 13.
1.1 This statement tells you how we, at the Food Bank of North Alabama (Food Bank), collect information on users of our web site, how you can decide whether and how the information collected can be used, how you can view and correct any information on yourself, and how we try to make sure that such information is accurate and secure from unauthorized use.
1.2 We cannot be liable for information collected by other web sites, even though we may provide links to such web sites.
The following statement concerns information collected directly by the Food Bank, as well as information provided to us by our fundraising organization(s) and other sources of support.
2.1 The Food Bank may ask you for your name, email address, mailing address, billing address, telephone number, and other contact information and information concerning donations relevant to serving your needs and those of our constituency.
2.2 In addition, some information may be collected automatically by the web site, such as:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Cookies, which refer to information that recognizes when your computer contacts our web site.
- The type of browser you are using.
- The name of your Internet service provider.
2.3 This information may be used in any or all of the following ways:
- To respond to your requests.
- To inform you of opportunities that might interest you.
- To serve the needs of our constituency.
- To analyze how well we perform our work.
- To cooperate with the government and the law.
- To protect the Food Bank and its constituency against legal liability.
2.4 In addition, aggregated and anonymous information may be used to describe how and how well we serve our users and our constituency.
You may choose not to allow the Food Bank to use your information as described above by contacting us directly at 256-539-2256 ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Bank does not sell or lease this information with any other individual or organization. The Food Bank does not share this information with any other individual or organization with the following exceptions:
- Individuals or organizations with a contractual obligation to assist the Food Bank’s ability to undertake its mission; or
- Programs or emerging organizations such as the North Alabama Food Policy Council that the Food Bank is assisting and from which a user has requested information or asked to join an email distribution list.
The Food Bank is a local nonprofit without in-house information technology staff. We contract with other organizations to assist us with web site hosting and on-line giving. We conduct due diligence to ensure these organizations follow policies that determine how to protect information collected through our web site as well as from other sources. Such protections may include using secure sockets layer technology to encrypt and protect sensitive information collected from users over the Internet. However, information on the Internet is not absolutely secure, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities resulting from such security failures.
6. Concerning Young Children:
The Food Bank does not intentionally collect any information on children under the age of 13 and has no interest in such information.
7. Changes to this Policy:
8. How to Contact Us: