The Food Bank of North Alabama is the official diaper bank of North Alabama! Which means we supply diapers and wipes to our partner agencies who then directly serve their respective communities. Each year around this time, we encourage our community to host diaper showers, donate directly, drop off diapers and join us for Diaper Blitz Day.
The Great Diaper Drive is coming up Oct. 7-17th, 2019. Diaper Blitz Day is Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019 at the Madison Boulevard Walmart in Huntsville.
Ways to help:
- Throw a Diaper Shower at home or work. You can use our template to help.
- Drop off diapers. Buy a package or box or even just donate too small diapers you have at home. Diapers can be dropped off at the Walmart stores in Scottsboro, Arab, Fort Payne, Guntersville, two locations in Florence, as well as the stores in Huntsville and Madison.
- Make a donation. Donate a monetary gift here that will help North Alabamians in need!
- Join us for Blitz Day on Thursday, October 17th at the Madison Walmart on Highway 20.
- The average baby goes through 6 to 10 diapers a day, which can set families back $80 to $100 per month.
- SNAP and similar programs don’t cover diapers.
- To save on diapers, some families reuse dirty diapers or leave babies in diapers longer than they should, which could lead to diaper rash and infections.